Monday, October 24, 2011

CONTEST!!

We had a blast at the Country Living Fair in Atlanta this weekend and I'm all inspired to come home and cook and decorate for Fall! Growing up, my mom always cooked the pumpkins we carved. She sliced the pumpkin real thin, sauteed it in butter, and sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar. It is delicious by itself or on toast with a hot cup of tea. Mmmmm! For the past couple of years I have tried a different recipe each season with our pumpkin we get from Old Baker Farm. I'v done soup (which I thought was great but my family hated), dinner in a pumpkin (a ground beef and rice recipe where you stuff the pumpkin and put the whole thing in the oven), and of course pie. My favorite so far was an unbelievably easy dip that goes with ginger snaps.

So here is the CONTEST...
Submit your best Pumpkin recipe on Facebook. I'll let my family choose the one they want me to try and the person who submits it will receive 4 FREE NECKLACES. Great for Christmas presents and teacher gifts!! I'll announce the winner next Saturday when we get back from the farm.

 Great for Parties!
 (It taste better if you use fresh pumpkin) Found it on cooks.com

PUMPKIN DIP 

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,191,155169-250207,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
4 c. confectioners sugar, sifted
2 (8 oz. each) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (30 oz.) can pumpkin pie filling mix
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and cream cheese, beating until well blended. Beat in remaining ingredients. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve with purchased gingersnaps. Yields about 7 cups of dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment